Local resources for Parents of Children with Down syndrome
tiny-k Alliance -- The tiny-k Alliance supports the 33 Kansas providers of early intervention services for infants and toddlers with special needs, from birth to age 3. Physical, speech, and occupational therapies are provided, as well as case management. To find the provider in your area, click here.
- Hays Area Children's Center -- Serves Ellis County and part of Rush County
- Kid-Link/DSNWK -- Serves Norton, Osborne, Phillips, Rooks, Russell, and Smith counties
- Sunflower Early Education Center -- Serves Barton, Pawnee, Rice, and Stafford counties, and part of Rush County
- Northwest Kansas Educational Service Center -- Serves Cheyenne, Decatur, Graham, Gove, Logan, Rawlins, Sheridan, Sherman, Thomas, Trego, and Wallace counties, and part of Lane County
Developmental Services of Northwest Kansas -- DSNWK provides services to more than 500 individuals with disabilities in 18 counties in Northwest Kansas. Services are available through community based and outreach programs and interagency agreements with other service providers. In addition, DSNWK is a Community Developmental Disability Organization, the single point of entry for an individual or family to obtain services through the developmental disabilities system in the State of Kansas.
The Arc of Central Plains -- The Arc coordinates enrichment activities, including Special Olympics, to people with developmental disabilities throughout the area.
Families Together, Inc. -- Provides parent training and educational opportunities throughout Kansas.
Nearby Down Syndrome Groups
Northwest Kansas Down Syndrome Society aims to support families in our region, however, there are other statewide Down Syndrome agencies that are larger and offer support, as well. These groups can be of assistance during medical emergencies in Kansas City or Wichita or during other times of need. They also offer wonderful family events, fun awareness walks, training, and resources.
- Down Syndrome Guild of Greater Kansas City
- Down Syndrome Society of Wichita
- North Central Kansas Down Syndrome Society
- Kansas Special Olympics
National Down Syndrome Resources
There are many wonderful organizations that support people with Down Syndrome. Here are just a few to learn more about Down syndrome, to connect with other families online, or to find support.