Northwest Kansas Down Syndrome Society (NWKDSS) is a local non profit organization that strives to connect families and enhance the lives of people with Down syndrome in our communities by providing emotional, educational, and social support to them and the professionals who serve them.
Northwest Kansas Down Syndrome Society was established by several local families in October of 2015. Since its establishment, we have welcomed 8 new babies and their families to the group.
What We've Achieved
- Serving families in nine Northwest Kansas counties.
- Provide welcome gift baskets to all new parents.
- Provide gifts to families with hospitalizations.
- Offer special events to celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness month in October.
- Community outreach projects to commemorate World Down Syndrome Day, March 21.
- Hold social gatherings with member families and occasional training opportunities.
- Connect new families to apporopriate resources.